Our last Ofsted inspection was in December 2018 and the key judgments of this were as follows:
- Overall effectiveness: Requires Improvement
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Requires Improvement
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Requires Improvement
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Good
- Outcomes for pupils: Requires Improvement
- Early years provision: Good.
You can read the full Ofsted report here:
How we are improving
We are currently working very hard to improve our performance and as of January 2021, we have a new Head Teacher to lead us back to being a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ school. We have ambitious plans to improve many aspects of school life, including:
- strengthening our phonics teaching across Key Stage 1 (years 1-2) and into Key Stage 2 (years 3-6)
- ensuring pupils make better progress in reading across Key Stage 2
- offering an exciting non-core curriculum, in subjects such as Personal, Social and Health Education (PSHE), Science, PE, RE, Art, ICT and Music
- ensuring we make better use of our Pupil Premium funding to help disadvantaged pupils achieve more.
You can see our improvement ‘roadmaps’ for different areas below:
If you have any questions about these roadmaps or our detailed plans for improvement, we would be very happy to talk to you about this — please contact us.