Our last Ofsted inspection was in September 2022 and the key judgments of this were as follows:
- Overall effectiveness: Requires Improvement
- Effectiveness of leadership and management: Requires Improvement
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: Requires Improvement
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare: Requires Improvement
- Outcomes for pupils: Requires Improvement
- Early years provision: Requires Improvement
You can read the full Ofsted report here:
How we are improving
We are currently working very hard to improve our performance and as of January 2021, we have a new Head Teacher to lead us back to being a ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’ school. We have ambitious plans to improve many aspects of school life, including:
- To build capacity for sustained improvement by investing in and developing leadership at all levels.
- To improve SEND leadership, curriculum and individual support, ensuring that all provision matches the needs of all pupils.
- To improve the provision for all pupils in the EYFS, ensuring that pupils know and remember more, by:
- developing the progressive sequencing of the curriculum
- enriching our environment and enhancing how the pupils access learning in the setting
- developing our interactions within the environment to extend learning
- To increase the percentage of pupils who achieve age related expectations in reading at the end of reception, year 1 and year 2.
If you have any questions about these roadmaps or our detailed plans for improvement, we would be very happy to talk to you about this — please contact us.