Our mission, vision and values
During the first half of 2021, we consulted with pupils, families, staff and governors, to develop this new mission statement, vision and values. These will form the basis of our continual drive for improvement and are at the core of everything we do.
Our mission statement
We will enable every pupil to become happy, secure, enthusiastic life-long learners who can experience and celebrate personal success. We will inspire our pupils with a passion to learn, to achieve and to succeed.
Purpose and vision
For all Hilltop children to be kind, courageous and confident life-long learners, helping them to “REACH FAR”, towards becoming the best possible version of themselves in our increasingly diverse world.
We aim to:
- enable every pupil to become happy, secure, enthusiastic life-long learners who can experience and celebrate personal success
- ensure all pupils aspire to their highest possible standard of English and maths, enabling them to access a rich and broad curriculum and prepare them fully for their next stage in education
- give support, challenge and guidance towards all pupils achieving excellence, through a broad, balanced and creative curriculum that places children at the centre of everything we do
- develop a school ethos and environment where individual needs are respected and diversity celebrated
- ensure all pupils are supported towards achieving a healthy and eco-friendly lifestyle
- build a sense of confidence, self-worth, personal responsibility, friendship and respect for one another
- support all children in developing a growth mindset and the learning behaviours that will ensure they achieve learning even through adversity
- encourage a caring and supportive partnership between school, children, their families and the wider community.
We will be supporting all Hilltop pupils to realise the best possible version of themselves by helping them to REACH FAR — as far as they can possibly reach!
H igh Aspirations