Our SENCO is Hannah Lakin, and can be contacted on 01335 343041.
As a school we comply with expectations of the SEND Code of Practice and Disability Discrimination Act as shown in our SEND Policy.
We use different interventions and approaches to address specific areas of need and would look carefully at your child's individual needs when deciding how best to support your child.
Our Special Educational Needs Information Report gives more information on how we support children with Special Educational Needs in our school.
More information on support available within Derbyshire can be found on the Derbyshire Local Offer website.
SENCO Welcome Page
Hello! I am the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) and Teacher for physically impaired pupils in our Enhanced Resource (ER) provision.
I am responsible for:
- Co-ordinating the support for pupils with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND).
- Ensuring our SEND pupils are listened to, so that their voice is heard and they are able to achieve the best progress possible.
- Liaising with class teachers to monitor pupil’s progress and to arrange further or different provision if progress is slower than expected.
- Liaising with the other people who may be coming in to school to help support your child’s learning, e.g. Speech and Language Therapy, Educational Psychology.
- Updating the school’s SEND records and making sure that records of your child’s progress and needs are kept and shared with staff.
- Teaching the children with physical difficulties in our Enhanced Resource (ER) Provision.
- If you have any concerns about disabled pupils or any SEN matters, please contact me.
Click the link below to view our SEN policy.